Edwards Eye Care is committed to the health and safety of each one of our patients and staff. Please read below to see what our practice is doing to prioritize the health of our patients and staff during this time.
We have always prioritized the cleanliness of our office, equipment, and tools, but have added some additional layers of precaution. Based on guidelines set by the CDC and the DPH, the following protocols have been implemented in our office.
– Patients who believe they are showing signs of infection, or who live with someone with symptoms, will be asked to reschedule their appointments and stay at home. This is especially true if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or trouble breathing. Call your physician’s office before going in for an appointment to minimize exposure risk to those in your community.
– When you arrive for your appointment, we ask all patients to wear a mask and wash their hands upon entry into the building. All staff members are required to wear a mask as a precautionary measure as well.
– Hand sanitizer is being used copiously throughout our office by our team and will be available to patients as well.
– We are continually disinfecting hard surfaces in our office such as sink faucets, doorknobs, countertops, etc.
– When trying on eyeglasses, we ask you to put all frames in the designated bin for disinfecting. We will be cleaning each frame before placing them back on the board.
– All pens, clipboards, and other items used by patients and staff will be disinfected after each use.
– We will continue our current cleaning protocols in our office in regards to patient rooms, equipment, disposable goods, and personal protection. We do this for your safety. Your health and well-being, as well as that of our team, is our primary concern.
We thank you for your patience, cooperation and understanding during this difficult time. We are here to serve our community and will do everything in our power to provide treatment in a safe manner to our patient population.